Refuge of Allis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ontaré/Mahogany

2 posters

Go down

Ontaré/Mahogany Empty Ontaré/Mahogany

Post by Paxar Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:41 pm

Marai rode south. No sooner had her business concluded with the Xai'Kifu that she was given her next task. Apparently, a new kingdom literally rose up out of the water and settled on Ontaré's south border. It didn't take long until she was at their doorstep, again riding alone in her ceremonial armor.

Paxar

Back to top Go down

Ontaré/Mahogany Empty Re: Ontaré/Mahogany

Post by Cadra Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:16 pm

Cadra looked up from her resting place on the shore. Her horse was tired from a day of riding. She was wary of this interloper, but she appeared to be alone. What harm could come from a conversation?

"Hail, friend!" Cadra called out as she slowly moved towards the unknown rider.

Cadra

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxar Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:20 pm

Marai smiled, a lone rider like herself, at least it would be easier to run if she needed to. She halted her horse and rose a hand in salute. "Greetings! I am Marai Ileal, representative of Lady Iusta and the Kingdom of Ontaré. I have been sent to negotiate peaceful relations between our peoples." Her standard greeting. "Who might you be?"

Paxar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cadra Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:25 pm

Cadra was relieved to hear Marai's warm greeting. She extended her people's customary greeting, raising a hand to her heart.

"I am Cadra Moontide. Daughter of the great King Rassan and protector of the followers of Maréi. What brings you to Crystal Cove on this beautiful day?"

Cadra

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxar Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:32 pm

As Cadra got closer, Marai could finally make her out. "Interesting," she thought, "first birds, now fish." She gracefully dismounted her horse, meeting the princess on equal ground. She gave Cadra a low bow. "It is an honor to meet you your highness. I did not expect to encounter royalty so quickly. You must excuse my appearance." It was a courteous statement as Marai had learned keep her armor well polished for just such an occurrence.

"I am an envoy of King Enann of Ontaré. Our kingdom lies just beyond the hills to the north. Being neighbors, we wish to extend our hand in friendship, and possibly establish trade for both our benefit."

Paxar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cadra Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:19 pm

Cadra took a moment to carefully scan her new acquaintance before responding. The people of Mahogany Kingdom have always been open to new allies, but due diligence is always prudent.

Cadra smiled and put her hand to her heart again, this time to display her enthusiasm for Marai's proposition.

"We are a joyful and peaceful people. If the Kingdom of Ontare wishes to extend trade to the Mahogany Kingdom, then I pray for many blessings upon our new friendship. However, be it known that if any ill intent is in your heart, I must ask you to keep riding. There are Kingdoms which would be much better suited to such activities farther along the coastline."

Cadra

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxar Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:49 am

Marai nodded. "I had heard rumors of the unrest farther south. Know that we want no business with such behavior. We have a strong army, but it is only used for defense and that includes defense of our allies." She added, giving the princess a wink. "I would be happy to meet with your head of trade so that we may work out the details of our arrangement." She said, slowly walking her horse forward.

Paxar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down