Refuge of Allis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OOC Discussion

+12
Skjaeren
MissMilkMaid
Admin
dragonlord7012
Frostwander
Cadra
Paxar
Pixel
AspenIvan
Fel
Vaklu
killer spork
16 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

OOC Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: OOC Discussion

Post by Skjaeren Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:31 pm

Thanks Aspen. I'm pretty fond of customizable space ship systems myself, mostly from my time spent playing Eve online and FTL. But I would like to get to further flesh out Voluspa. Hmmm, space trees...
Skjaeren
Skjaeren

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxar Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:33 pm

I am Groot.

Paxar

Back to top Go down

Post by AspenIvan Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:46 pm

dragonlord7012 wrote:I'd play the Sci-Fi, but not the C&S.

I really, really, dislike the entire "TEH EMPIRE RULZ" concept. A faction that can do pretty much anything it wants kills it for me as whats the point of trying to rule if this guy can screw me up at a whim? (I'm aware of the Mod mark Parallels, but its the flavor that i dislike, If everyone has to play nice or get wiped off the board i'm against it. )

Then again, a faction where there is a race that pretty much is completely evil to the point that people will put wars aside to fight them, is a bit more palpable.

Not so sure i'd be interested in the RPing aspect tho either.

I think you might have misunderstood C&S a little, since it was specifically a vassal RP meant to center on the scheming and politics and internal wars involving vassals. Also for the record, by the end each of three factions, alone, could raise an army bigger than the whole northern imperial army. There was a big rebellion planned.

In any case, C&S 2.0, if/when we get to it, would not be a vassal RP. It would be a post-rebellion independent North RP, with some people gone back to paganism while others stick with Aedak and no Empire to boss anyone around.

AspenIvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:28 am

As long as people are interested I'll keep RoA going. Aspen does have a C&S 2.0 planned, and I have a potential scifi game already designed. Mechanically I actually prefer the scifi's design, although I will always have a soft spot for the Allis setting.

Admin
Admin

https://refugeofallis.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Blarflesnarflo Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:17 am

@ Pixel and Zurajai:

I've been itching to get the fight with Azator going, that would be a good way to jumpstart things on our end again. I figure by now or next turn at the latest we should be prepared enough to attack!
Blarflesnarflo
Blarflesnarflo

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxar Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:57 pm

Any ETA on turn 6?

Not intending to be pushy, just trying to time things.

Paxar

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurajai Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:27 pm

Apologies folks! I had Jury Duty but I'm back in the saddle!
Zurajai
Zurajai
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxar Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:09 pm

I understand. I had to testify last Thursday. Fun stuff.

Paxar

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixel Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:37 pm

Sci-fi is much more my forte than fantasy, I actually write original stuff. I'd certainly play one.

@ Blar, yes, I should be ready soon enough. I think. Hard to be sure. Razz

Pixel

Back to top Go down

Post by AspenIvan Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:24 pm

Sorry folks, Turn Change is delayed to this weekend because of real life concerns. Also who knows, maybe the GC will actually move and there will be a battle. xD

AspenIvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Fel1 Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:25 pm

I'd like to do another sci fi one. Continuing my totally not planet destroying nation would be neat.

Also if we could keep some of the mechanics, like the frequent random events, the 'life and administration' quota to have per week, the complete lack of FTL communications (you needed to send a ship to send a message), and the really cool actions like, for instance, orbital bombardment. Oh, and the reputation resource! Whatever it was called.

After RoA, which I'm still enjoying, please no fantasy medieval for a while. At least for one more forum.

Fel1

Back to top Go down

Post by Falkirk Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:05 pm

What about a wrestling based forum? Eh? Any wrestling fans out there?

You make your wrestler, role play for them, and watch what happens on the show.

My friends and I have been running one and we think it's pretty cool stuff.

http://cwfundercard.proboards.com/
Falkirk
Falkirk

Back to top Go down

Post by AspenIvan Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:12 pm

I think it's safe to declare this forum dead. We will be posting a link to our next one, a sci fi nation roleplay, asap.

AspenIvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Frostwander Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:19 am

That would be a real shame. I was having a lot of fun in this one, had some interesting stuff going on and planned, and feel that I was doing pretty well. I'm not sure how interested I am in starting over again in so short a span of time, especially without some kind of indication the new one won't just peter out as quickly.

=(
Frostwander
Frostwander

Back to top Go down

Post by Fel Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:21 am

I think most of us are just a bit sick of Fantasy medieval roleplay. A new theme almost always guarantees long-standing success. At least until the next forum Razz

Fel

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonlord7012 Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:41 am

Damn, i had a couple of L/A's left I wanted to do. Ahh well.
dragonlord7012
dragonlord7012

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxar Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:43 am

That is disappointing. I was enjoying the game.

Paxar

Back to top Go down

Post by Falkirk Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:16 am

Aww, and I was just about to ransack a village.
Falkirk
Falkirk

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxar Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:17 am

like hell you were

Paxar

Back to top Go down

Post by Frostwander Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:58 am

I can understand if some people want to try something besides fantasy/medieval. This one still seemed like it was going strong, up to the point where a lack of mod responsiveness was slowing progress. I don't doubt that a new theme could do well with the players, but my concern would be whether the mods would stay invested in moving things forward long enough to last.

This one seemed like it was more players than expected and Admin ended up a bit overwhelmed with everything that needed responding to. I love that several people stepped up to help with modmarks/ledgers/exploration, but it still only extended things a turn or two more without the head mod's direction.
Frostwander
Frostwander

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonlord7012 Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:55 pm

I would be glad to take up similar duties if we do a new forum. I might not be able to pump out decent mod marks, but I'm handy w/ a dice roller Razz.
dragonlord7012
dragonlord7012

Back to top Go down

Post by Skjaeren Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:15 pm

Sad That's quite unfortunate.

I would be interested in doing a sci-fi theme, I suppose. But like Frostwander said... I'd like to not work on a nation idea with characters and plans and thoughts for the future and dump the effort into starting over... only to get a paragraph or so back once every couple weeks from whomever is running it until the game dies. I came into this one very optimistically, but tbh I think it's the longest lasting forum game I've played in yet. And I know some people put way more into their nations than I did.

I'm also sad that I never got to use any of the Life Tree's god powers.
Skjaeren
Skjaeren

Back to top Go down

Post by Falkirk Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:00 pm

Paxar wrote:like hell you were

I said I'd do it to keep the place running. I wasn't lying.
Falkirk
Falkirk

Back to top Go down

Post by Paxar Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:02 pm

Falkirk wrote:I said I'd do it to keep the place running.  I wasn't lying.

What I mean is I planned to be ready for you.

Paxar

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurajai Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:10 pm

So here's the sad facts of it ladies and gentlemen;

We sadly went into this forum at a disadvantage. If you hadn't already gathered this is far from our first rodeo and I know it to be the admins' (all of us) that it came to the serious, crunching halt that it has.

In all honesty we were doomed from the start. A common mistake we have had in our few failed RP's (with this one now added to the list, sadly) is repeating a genre right after another. This not only kills previous player's creativity but also serves to harm the admin's ability to remain interested; we are sadly obsessed with nationRPs and other's get on our minds. My thoughts are not based on lack of previous experience, of course, as this exact case has happened several times before. I believe I speak for all of the admin team when I extend our deepest condolences to the playerbase: nobody likes to see their unique, interesting cultures suddenly disappear without so much as a chance to explore them, us most of all.

So, with apologies given and eyes turning from the past I recommend we look to the future. Both literally and figuratively. This NRP group is one that has been extant for some odd 6 or 7 years ever since the first core group got together. That being said, this will certainly not be our last forum nor should it be seen as such; this forum is indeed the product of two previous, highly successful forums that lasted months each. What needs to be understood among our newer members is that this failure is not indicative of the norm and we would greatly enjoy having you guys remain with us. After all, with each forum we pick up a few new folks and it'd be a shame to lose you guys to one failure.

I genuinely hope you guys stick with us for the ride.
Zurajai
Zurajai
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum